CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Some lucky people in L.A. had the chance to watch a screening of the final cut of WATCHMEN yesterday. Lucky for us, some of them share their thoughts on Latinoreview.
Here is an excerpt:

2. The ending is different, no squid. I was one of the people who never really cared about squid/no squid, but I feel the ending will work better for mainstream audiences that have never read the book.

3. They do not imply a sequel anymore than the book does...

7. It was fantastically close to the book; even the framings of shots were lifted directly from the book.

8. Jackie Earl Halley is the shit in this. He IS Rorschach.

9. This movie is gory. I'm a gore hound and I was surprised at how graphic some scenes were. Really had people squirming.

10. NAKED Sally Jupiter. (CORRECTION NAKED Silk Spectre)

I have to say Snyder knocked this one out of the park. There is some gruesome, brutal stuff here that is hard to watch. The fight scenes are awesome, and, like in 300, Snyder continues the use of ramping the frame rate to accentuate the movements of the characters. I knew there was going to be some slo-mo, but I didn't think he overdid it. All in all, fans of the book are going to more than pleased with the film. For a book that was for years considered un-filmable, he certainly managed to hit almost every beat and did not compromise any of the material

I have to admit, that though the writer of the review sounds pretty amazed, I am kinda shocked, that ZACK SNYDER changed the ending... Let's just hope he didn't screw up!

Check the full review here.

1 Comment:

  1. Anonym said...
    I have a feeling, this one is gonna be a great movie! Sounds like their really figured out how to convert the comic to the big screen. Sounds promising.

    P.S.: Keep up the grat work Eddie!

Post a Comment



Neuerer Post Älterer Post Startseite