CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Rumors of a sequel to THE GOONIES go way back. I think the first came up when GOONIES 2 the videogame came out for the NES back in 1987. Ever since fans of the first movie, mostly people around my age that were kids when the movie came out, are longing for a sequel. Allthough there have been several reports of people that have worked on scripts and stuff like that, a GOONIES sequel has never officially been announced. It still hasn't to this day. BUT there are new rumors. Clint from Moviehole.net has a bunch of new info from a "secret source". Check it out:

A very, very, very good source – if I revealed his name, you’d know straight away this was a solid bit of news – informed me a few days ago that “the sequel Corey Feldman has been telling media will never happen”, one “Goonies 2”, is indeed… happening. (And I don't blame the Felddog for assuming it's never going to happen either - this one's been rumoured longer than the talking fridge).

Now I don't know when it's going to happen, because it has been on the drawing boards for a good decade now ("Star Trek" and "Transformers" scribe Robert Orci told me today that he was involved in a draft in about 1998), but it does seem to be inching forward.

So what have I been told? well, Warner Bros are finally going to give it the respect it deserves – this will be a large-scale theatrical release.. a tentpole. It will not be a direct-to-video release.

(A source at Warner Bros has since confirmed this - saying they are developing it as a major movie, but won't share anything other than that. Nothing we didn't already know though).


I can't say how reliable this source is. It sounds great though. I'm not much into X-Files, but let me say this: I WANT TO BELIEVE!
I guess will figure out what it's worth sooner or later.
Check out Moviehole.net for the full scoop.

1 Comment:

  1. Anonym said...
    I hope its going to be good, but that means there is only one director who can do it: Steven Spielberg. I really liked the first one and i hope its not going to be a lost boys 2...

Post a Comment



Neuerer Post Älterer Post Startseite